Jan 02, 2022 | Jan Ballantyne | 1843 views
Return to Play – January 3, 2022
As previously communicated, January 3, 2022 we will return to play. We want to ensure
everyone is reminded of the safety protocols in place to ensure continuous play.
Please refamiliarize yourself with the following protocols:
- All players and parents entering the arena must complete both the arena screening and the Sportzhead App Health Check prior to all games and practices. This is mandatory.
- Coaches/managers are to ensure that their team is doing the screening online and ensuring no players are entering that have any symptoms or have had any known exposure.
- Masks are mandatory in the arena - which includes in the dressing room and hallways until on the bench.
- QR Codes are mandatory either paper or electronic effective January 4, 2022.
- Dressing rooms are available 30 minutes prior to ice time and all participants and coaching staff must vacate within 15 minutes to allow for proper cleaning.
- Food and Drinks are prohibited inside the facilities. (Including Patrons) Participants are permitted to water/sports drinks inside the dressing room, on the ice surfaces and players benches.
- Stay home when you are unwell.
- COVID-19 & Travel Outside of Canada / Re-Entry into Canada - Participants under 12 who are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated must follow specific requirements when you return to or enter Canada. As of Dec 7, 2021, this includes 14 days of isolation where they are not to attend school or sporting events. For this reason, these participants will not be permitted to participate in OWHA sanctioned activities for 14 days after the date of return to Canada. Please see the following link for more details: COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada - Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca
We will continue to monitor the ever-changing COVID-19 protocols and will adjust as needed.
If you have any questions, please email the Stratford Aces COVID-19 Committee at [email protected]